January 18, 2011

mario

My middle kid recently turned 6. We went to the local slot car track and he raced with his friends for an hour, had lunch and cake and had a great time. It was a fantastic day and a success! This year he wanted a Super Mario Bros./Mario Kart cake to celebrate. I wasn't too sure how that was going to come out but once I got rolling things started to all come together and I think it came out pretty good. One of the best cakes yet. He loved it and his friends thought it was super cool. The best part about this cake was that everyone in the family got to have a hand in making part. My youngest cut out stars and wrapped a turtle, my oldest made the green pipe for the fly trap, the birthday boy make the banana peels and my husband helped me fashion the rest including the fly trap top and the spike turtle. All in all it was quite a fun cake both to eat and look at!


No comments: