August 19, 2010

a mess already?? shocker!

I have started and stopped this post more than once. I could go on and on and nobody really wants to read that so I'm going to try to keep this as short and to the point as I can.

In the first 6 days of school I have seen excitement, disappointment, heartbreak, and sadness. Excited to meet a new teacher who was excited to be here. Disappointed in the district's decision to once again screw with our school. Heartbroken at the loss and consolidation of our classes even though we are already in session. Saddened at the thought that my kid's education is being threatened once again because of district mismanagement and inability to function smartly.

So tomorrow, which is a Friday, and officially the 7th day of school there will be change. 2 classes of kids will go not knowing which class will be theirs. My son included. 2 other classes, while staying the same get new teacher's. One of those classes being a Kinder class which is a challenge on it's own anyhow. Will the following week, month, year bring even more uncertainty and disruption? Is it a wonder I've been itching to jump district and say "so long" to all the hard work I've personally put in to try to help offer more opportunity to these kids and staff? It will be an uphill battle the entire way from here on out. And unless things change drastically you can sure bet I'll be ready to cut and run. Will they let me go easily? Not a chance. Will I put up a fight and everyone will know who I am throughout the district by the time I'm done? Oh, you betcha! If that's what it takes, I'm prepared to battle. Until then......

No comments: